From Bruce Kasanoff’s LinkedIn page, comes a list of 8 lessons that he learned while in Wharton’s MBA program. Excellent lessons!
1. There are dozens of reasons why something can’t be done, but perhaps only one why it can. Decide whether you are going to search for a way to do it, or regularly settle for a handy excuse.
2. Nothing stays the same. You have to be in tune with changes. Change is the norm.
3. Learn how when you have the time, so that you can do it when you have the chance.
4. Every business is show business.
5. Get as close as possible to what drives the business.
6. Invariably, there is a difference between those who carry titles on an organizational chart and the people who run the company. As soon as possible, figure out who runs the company.
7. If you can’t relate to the boredom of daily chores, how can you manage people who must do them all the time?
8. A superior leader is a person who can bring ordinary people together to achieve extraordinary results. Remember this if you are lucky enough to manage a team.